Last updated: 21st October 2021
Thread Creator is owned and operated by John Joubert.
When we say “Company”, “we”, “our”, "the service" or “us” in this document, we are referring to Thread Creator (https://threadcreator.com).
When you use our website, now or in the future, you are agreeing to the latest Terms of Service. That's true for any of our existing and future products and all features that we add to our website over time. There may be times where we do not exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service; in doing so, we are not waiving that right or provision. These terms do contain a limitation of our liability.
- You may create an unlimited number of drafts.
- You may not send more than 300 tweets every three hours (Twitter API limit).
- Free users are only permitted to publish 1 thread per week.
- Free users are only permitted to schedule 1 thread per month.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You may not use the service for any purposes that are abusive, morally reprehensible (including adult themed content) or illegal.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account. That includes content posted by others who either: (a) have access to your login credentials; or (b) have their own logins under your account.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
Payment, Refunds, and Plan Changes
- If you are using a free version of one of our service, it is really free: we do not ask you for your credit card and — just like for customers who pay for our service — we do not sell your data.
- If you are upgrading from a free plan to a paid plan, we will charge your card immediately and your billing cycle starts on the day of upgrade. For other plan changes, the new plan starts immediately and is billed on a pro rata basis.
- You may request a refund within 30 days of signing up for the service and we will honour all valid and legal requests within that time frame.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling or deleting your account. We provide a simple no-questions-asked cancellation link within the Billing section of your account, and a link to deleting your account within the Profile section. An email request to cancel your account is not automatically considered cancellation.
- All of your content will be inaccessible from the service immediately upon deletion and no backups are available.
- We have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of our service for any reason at any time. Suspension means you and any other users on your account will not be able to access the account or any content in the account. Termination will furthermore result in the deletion of your account or your access to your account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account. We also reserve the right to refuse the use of the service to anyone for any reason at any time. We have this clause because statistically speaking, out of the hundreds of thousands of accounts on our service, there is at least one doing something nefarious. There are some things we staunchly stand against and this clause is how we exercise that stance.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of Company employee or officer will result in immediate account termination.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part of our service with or without notice.
- Our service is relient on access to the Twitter API. In the event that this is no longer available, we reserve the right to discontinue the service without notice, and in this instance no refunds (apart from those signed up within 30 days) will be provided.
- Sometimes we change the pricing structure for our products. When we do that, we tend to exempt existing customers from those changes. However, we may choose to change the prices for existing customers. If we do so, we will give at least 30 days notice and will notify you via the email address on record. We may also post a notice about changes on our websites or the affected service itself.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content posted on the service must comply with relevant UK law.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the service. All materials uploaded remain yours.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the service, use of the service, or access to the service without our express written permission.
- You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the service or the Company.
Features and Bugs
We design our service with care, based on our own experience and the experiences of customers who share their time and feedback. However, there is no such thing as a service that pleases everybody. We make no guarantees that our service will meet your specific requirements or expectations.
We also test all of our features extensively before shipping them. As with any software, our service inevitably have some bugs. We track the bugs reported to us and work through priority ones, especially any related to security or privacy. Not all reported bugs will get fixed and we don't guarantee completely error-free service.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that location.
We mention liability throughout these Terms but to put it all in one section:
You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to you or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and service resulting from any goods, data, information or service purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to this Terms of Service or the service, whether as a breach of contract, tort (including negligence whether active or passive), or any other theory of liability.
In other words: choosing to use our service does mean you are making a bet on us. If the bet does not work out, that's on you, not us. We do our darnedest to be as safe a bet as possible through careful management of the business; investments in security, infrastructure, and talent; and in general giving a damn. If you choose to use our service, thank you for betting on us.
If you have a question about any of the Terms of Service, please contact email@example.com.